Friday, September 7, 2012

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal

I've had a new found love for oats lately. And since experimenting is the name of the game, I decided to do some different things with oatmeal. One of several recipes found here, I modified it a bit to suit more to my 'eating healthy' game plan. And since dark chocolate has been my obsession off late (along with my life long love of peanut butter), I decided to put the 3 to some good use. 

Enter chocolate peanut butter oatmeal. The first time I made peanut butter oatmeal, Andrew tried it and decided it was too rich for him so this time I cut back on it and added some dark chocolate.

1 1/2 cups organic fat free milk (or water)
1/2 cup oats
2 tablespoons almonds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon peanut butter (ingredient list should read only peanuts or peanuts and salt)
5-6 pieces of dark chocolate chips


  1. Add milk to a sauce pan and bring to boil. (You can do half milk and half water or all milk or all water. I used all milk.)
  2. Add oats and bring to boil again. 
  3. Add chocolate chips and begin stirring the mixture. 
  4. Add almonds and chia seeds.
  5. Add peanut butter and stir some more until mixture becomes thick. 
  6. Transfer to a bowl and add some milk before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment