Monday, August 20, 2012

Assortments

This weekend was hard - after receiving her second set of shots, my daughter - Sophie - spiked a fever. The rest of Friday and most of Saturday was spent in trying to make her comfortable. No sooner did the fever break she went ballistic again - this time she was teething. I would do anything to take her pain away, the poor little child looked exhausted and worn out by the time she finally managed to eat something (thanks to Orajel) and get some sleep.

In the midst of all this, cooking was the last thing on my mind. Heck, we did not even go grocery shopping until 5pm yesterday! Despite the chaos in our life, Andrew (my amazing chef husband) managed to make me an awesome dinner last night - salmon glazed with agave and orange salsa! This is not the first time he made this awesome creation - this time it was my request that he make it. Famished and exhausted, I did not even have the sense to take any pictures but luckily I had taken a picture the last time he made it. The recipe, however, is elusive. The chef wants to keep his creation a secret but I am not the one to be deterred. Hopefully, shortly I can lay my hands on it so I can share it here. Yesterday I shied away from the french fries and the bean salad but kept the salad. 


The Costco salmon fillets are a super awesome deal and if you go through salmon the way we do, that's your best and cheapest bet!

On another occasion, Andrew pulled out another winner: a super duper tofu stir fry. Recipe still pending, drool not! :)





2 comments:

  1. Wait... Andrew cooked tofu!? The man who's always making fun of our veggie/sissy taste buds? The truth comes out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe, right? And not only did he cook it he ate it too!! The other night he made me tempeh but said he wasn't ready to eat it yet LOL!!!

      Delete