Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Zucchini Choco Bread

This past weekend promoted a lot of experiments. First the oatmeal rice, then some mung salad and finally I topped Saturday night off with a delicious zucchini chocolate bread. Last weekend I bought 2 locally grown zucchinis with the intent to bake so being able to put them to use felt good. Before, however, I plunged into dessert I thought wise to eat some dinner so after putting Sophie to sleep and sending the husband off to see The Bourne Legacy, I decided to take some time for myself and enjoy the evening in my way. Btw, how hot is that new guy from The Bourne Legacy! I first saw him in Mission Impossible and his fast, fiery movements were a welcome respite from Tom Cruise's histrionics.

Anyway, back to the bread. This is a slight variation from the banana almond bread I made a week or so ago. This time, I used no sugar and again no oil and of course no flour. Instead of sugar, I used chocolate chips and, much to my chagrin, I did not have any semi-sweet so had to make do with milk chips. The end result was a tad sweeter than I would have preferred but ah well...it still worked out nicely. 


2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups almond meal
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet/milk chocolate chips
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt




  1.  Preheat oven to 300 F.
  2. Add all dry ingredients and then all wet ingredients.
  3. Either use a hand mixer or your hand. Make sure to mix everything very well. 
  4. Lightly spray a baking pan and add the mixture to it. 
  5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a fork comes out clean. 

2 comments:

  1. Next time make more loaves and freeze one for me! Bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to freeze mine too cos it went bad in 3 days! I was so disappointed - it was super yummy! Btw, where is my rhubarb dessert?:)

      Delete