Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Berry Mango Oat Smoothie


After dinner last night, Andrew took Sophie for a walk which meant I was left with the clean up. Sensing a possibility of getting a head start on my breakfast; I decided to whip up a delicious smoothie. It is so power packed and keeps you full for a long time! This morning, I carried it to work and by the time I was done, I was totally stuffed. The best part is you can store them in the fridge for a day or two so making extras work. 
I know what you are thinking - oats in a smoothie?!!?! Trust me, it is good. Just try it once and if you don't like it, empty it down the drain. I promise that will not happen. 

2 tablespoons organic plain yogurt
1 cup organic fat free/low fat milk
Handful raspberries
Handful blueberries
5-6 chunks of frozen mango
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds

Optional:
1-2 dates
Handful sliced almonds
1 banana

Blend everything together and serve in a tall glass.

1 comment:

  1. Oat in a smoothie is delicious, also granola! :) You are such a domestic goddess, I don't have the time or patience for all that.. also I hate the sound the blender makes >_<

    ReplyDelete